In the 2009-2010 academic year, I co-founded the Sustainability Studies (SUST) program at Roosevelt University with my College of Professional Studies colleagues Carl Zimring (now at the Pratt Institute) and Brad Hunt. The links below connect you with key information and resources about the program, sustainability efforts underway at Roosevelt, and environmental news/issues/events throughout the Chicago region.
Sustainability at Roosevelt University
- Roosevelt University’s Green Campus website — current campus sustainability projects, student organizations, etc.
- SUST blog — created in June 2010 by former SUST prof Carl Zimring and edited since June 2012 by SUST prof and program director, Mike Bryson
- SUST Facebook page — news, photos, and connections among students, faculty, alumni, and friends
- SUST homepage on RU’s website — information on our faculty, degree options, etc.
- Schaumburg’s Sustainable Future — website created by SUST 210 and 220 students in 2011, and currently under expansion in 2012-13; edited by yours truly
- My essay “Sustaining Sustainability” — an overview of the relation between sustainability and higher education; published in the Roosevelt Review alumni magazine, Fall 2010
- AASHE Bulletin (sustainability in higher education)
- Sustainability / Science news from ScienceDaily
- Sustainable Development news from Times Topics (NY Times)
- Sustainability news from APR’s Marketplace
- Alternative Energy (industry news and information)
Other Sustainability Resources and Information
- City of Chicago’s sustainability webpage
- AASHE (sustainability in higher ed)
- NCSE 2014 Report on “Interdisciplinary Environmental and Sustainability Education and Research: Institutes and Centers at Research Universities” (summary pdf)
- The Center for Humans and Nature (notably, their City Creatures blog and Minding Nature journal)
- The emerging Green Economy
- IL Sustainable Technology Center