Here are some of the most common resources I use for RU advising. You might find ’em handy, too.
If you are one of my advisees in the SUST Program, you may contact me anytime during the academic year for advising concerns and questions. Email is the best way to get in touch with me (firstname.lastname@example.org). I recommend contacting me during the fall and spring advising periods to take advantage of advance registration for the following semester.
During each semester’s advising period, you should touch base with me about your classes for the following semester and/or with other advising questions. Once I approve your course plan, I’ll email you a registration code for RU Access so you can register. If you would like to see me in person, you can come in during my office hours or schedule an appointment. I also am happy to chat with you on the phone or videoconference via Zoom in lieu of an in-person meeting.
Before You Email Me:
- Check your remaining course requirements for your designated major, minor, etc. in Degree Works (or, if you started prior to Fall 2015, on your signed curriculum checksheet).
- Review the online course schedule for class availability and draft a schedule that will work for you.
- Make sure you don’t have any holds on your registration by checking RU Access.
- Check your RU student email for important announcements from me or the university.
Include in Your Email:
- Your name, student ID, declared major, and phone number
- The classes you wish to take in the upcoming semester, including dept, course number, and title
- Any questions or concerns you have
Helpful Advising and Academic Resources:
- RU Access — registration and advising tool
- Online Course Schedule (aka Coursefinder) — pick your classes in a given semester
- Degree Works — review your progress toward your degree, plan your next move
- Graduation Information — application deadlines
- Current Students info at Roosevelt (links to university resources)
- Transfer Guide for RU Students, include course transfer info from local community colleges
- Mail — RU student email account access
- RUOnline — direct link to Roosevelt’s online learning portal in Bb
- Academic Integrity — A Guide for Students — the writer’s gospel