Congratulations to our Fall 2015 SUST Graduates!

Karen Craig, BASS '15; see Karen's essay, I Know It When I See It, part of the Writing Urban Nature Project at RU.
Karen Craig, BA ’15; see Karen’s creative nonfiction essay, I Know It When I See It, part of the Writing Urban Nature Project at RU.

A warm congratulations to all Roosevelt University graduates, young and old, who graced the storied stage of RU’s beautiful Auditorium Theatre yesterday during our December commencement ceromony. In particular, I salute the accomplishments of our six Sustainability Studies graduates this fall, soon to be proud alumni: Shannon Conway, Karen Craig (pictured at right), Tom Lewallen, Sera Sousley, Sarah Tag, and Michelle Trispel.

Congrats to all on your achievements, hard work, and perseverance in earning your degree and, in the process, making many positive contributions to our campus community — from performing service learning projects in the Chicago community to researching matters of environmental justice to contributing to the 2015 Strategic Sustainability Plan to writing insightful representations of urban nature to sharing your internship experiences at our biannual Symposia. Best wishes for the future! I’m proud of all of you and hope you stay connected to our program and university.

Shannon Conway, BA 2015. Read about Shannon's experiences studying climate change and glaciers in Iceland this past summer.
Shannon Conway, BA 2015. Read about Shannon’s experiences studying climate change and glaciers in Iceland this past summer.