- Students, let your faculty advisor/faculty mentor know you are about to submit your application. Make sure that your faculty advisor/faculty mentor has completed CITI training in the past 2-3 years.
- Complete CITI training
- Log onto IRBManager. If you encounter any difficulties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your IRB application by the submission deadline.
- For students, your first level of review in IRB Manager is with your faculty advisor/mentor.
- If your submission is not completed and submitted to the IRB Office by the deadline and requires full board review, the review will take place the following month.
- If your research project involves collaborating with individuals from other institutions who have their own IRBs, you will need to complete and submit a “Collaborating Institution IRB Certification Document” called a reliance agreement.
- HIPAA Privacy Rule – Authorization required: The Privacy Rule establishes the conditions under which protected health information may be used or disclosed by covered entities for research purposes and defines the means by which individuals will be informed of uses and disclosures of their medical information for research purposes, and their rights to access information about them held by covered entities. Where research is concerned, the Privacy Rule protects the privacy of individually identifiable health information, while at the same time ensuring that researchers continue to have access to medical information necessary to conduct vital research. All researchers requiring access to such information must complete and submit the HIPAA Authorization Form in IRBManager at the time of their application.