The Duke Realty Fund for Education and Advancement of Minorities and Women in Real Estate – The Dream Fund Graduate Degree Program
The goal of the Duke Realty Fund Scholarship is to support diversity as well as overall excellence in the real estate industry. It seeks to recruit, educate, financially assist and support educating students, particularly those interested in industrial real estate.
Applicants must meet the current admission requirements of HCB. In particular, applicants will have completed an undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and have 2-3 years of work experience in real estate or a related field. Employer recommendation letter requested.
Program Participation Requirements
Students will be required to (a) maintain a GPA of 3.5; (b) be continuously registered; (c) take two classes each regular semester; (d) complete the Institute’s professional training courses; and, (e) fully participate in Institute and DREAM FUND activities. The degree must be completed in two years after initial enrollment.
Scholarships and Financial Assistance
- Selected students will receive an annual scholarship of $7,500/ year for up to two years (or a maximum of $15,000) to complete the degree program.
- GMAT Scholars – qualified students will receive an annual scholarship of $10,000/year for up to two years (a maximum of $20,000) to complete the degree program.
Students will be assigned an advisor from the Institute to provide guidance concerning their academic choices, as well as other counseling during their studies.
All students are expected to participate in the Institute’s and/or Duke Realty mentoring program(s). The mentors will provide shadowing, attendance at events, exposure to the industry, and professional advice and interaction.
The Institute will involve the students in all of its educational and program activities. A student membership in an industry organization will be provided.
Each semester the student will have an opportunity to review career options with the industry mentor. Internships at Duke Realty, or elsewhere, will give “hands on” experience.
Duke Realty’s Human Resources Department will communicate Duke Realty job openings in Chicago and nationally. Students will be informed of other opportunities through the Institute.
Scholars will be hosted at an annual luncheon sponsored by Duke Realty for the scholars and alumni, program mentors, and Duke Realty leaders.
Professional Training Courses
All scholarship students under the Institute’s real estate programs are require to attend the on-site Institute training courses. The courses are free and include:
- Information/real estate technology classes – including industry programs such as Argus, CoStar and STDB.
- Professional and Personal Skills – Business etiquette, presentation, networking and time management skills.
- Business writing – composition skills – composition, document organization, resume preparation, etc.
Graduation and certificate:
Upon graduation, scholars will receive a special certificate as a scholars of THE DUKE REALTY DREAM FUND.