Roosevelt is taking steps recommended by public health authorities to minimize the risk of spreading this disease on the Roosevelt campus. Roosevelt University cannot and does not guarantee a COVID-19-free environment. In order to minimize the risks associated with COVID-<19, the policies and guidelines below are incorporated into the Roosevelt University Student Code of Conduct and are applicable to all students. Your compliance with these requirements is essential to assisting the universit in minimizing the risks to you and other members of the community.
- You are subject to all guidelines for individuals related to the COVID-19 pandemic established by . In addition, the Illinois Department of Public Health, the State of Illinois and the City of Chicago have issued guidelines for personal behavior outside of campus during the COVID-19 pandemic and you must comply with such guidelines at all times. You understand that both sets of these guidelines may change, and it is your responsibility to ensure that you understand and comply with these guidelines at all times.
- From time to time the University may implement additional requirements restricting your behavior and you agree to comply with such requirements.
- You understand that these conditions and limitations on your personal behavior are necessary in order to reduce the risk of transmitting and/or being infected by the COVID-19 virus and that your failure to comply with these responsibilities may jeopardize your health and safety, as well as the health and safety of others in the campus community, potentially causing severe illness death. <
- Students will comply with governmental, state, and campus directives concerning maintaining required physical distancing (six feet) between themselves and other individuals on campus;
- Students will use a face covering of their choosing that conforms to CDC guidelines anytime that they are outside a residence hall room in an indoor space, including in all academic spaces and the dining hall (except while eating) unless given different instructions by authorized university personnel; when in an outdoor space, face coverings may be removed only while maintaining physical distancing (6 feet);
- Students will disinfect high-touch surfaces in their residence hall room before and after another person enters the room;
- Students understand that all common spaces and classrooms on campus have been organized in accordance with social distancing guidelines and that the movement or re-arrangement of any furniture is prohibited;
- Students will engage in frequent hand-washing and follow proper sneeze and cough etiquette, as recommended by the CDC;
- Students understand and agree that they may be subject to regular testing for the COVID19 virus and contact tracing, if testing and contact tracing is available, and they agree to submit to this testing and tracing, and the confidential reporting of the results to the University;
- If students develop any symptom of COVID-19 as described by the CDC, they will immediately:
- Inform the University by completing the “self-assessment” tool on the Roosevelt app or by emailing the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com
- Stay in their quarantine/isolation space until given instructions by Residence Life Staff or the Dean of Students Office;
- Remain off campus if not currently residing on campus;
- Wait to be cleared to leave their room and/or return to campus by Residence Life Staff or the Dean of Students Office.
- If required by the University, students agree to remain in self-quarantine or isolation< for a time period determined by the University, in consultation with public health authorities, and/or move to a different room in order to receive medical care and/or self-quarantine or isolate.
The above conditions may change, and students agree to follow all university directives relating to COVID-19 and public health requirements. Any failure to adhere to any of the above directives is a violation of the Code of Conduct that may result in sanctions, including immediate removal from Roosevelt housing and/or suspension/dismissal from the University.