Thank you faculty & staff for your generous donations to the Black Student Equity Fund. We are happy to announce that funds are available to students. Please see scholarship details below.
Black Student Equity Fund Scholarship
The Black Student Equity Fund Scholarship awards up to $2,000 per academic year, up to $1,000 per semester. Awards will be applied to tuition only and cannot be used for past due balances from a previous semester. Scholarship application submission and interview process is required and will take place during the fall semester.
To apply for the scholarship, students must:
- Have an unmet financial need verified by the RU Financial Aid office.
- Identify as an African-American/Black.
- Be an enrolled undergraduate/graduate student during the academic year at least part-time (6 credit hrs.) for undergraduate, and at least (3 credit hrs.) for graduate students.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 and above. Student will be ineligible for the scholarship if GPA falls below 2.50.
- Have completed at least one semester at Roosevelt University.
- Enroll and participate with Multicultural Student Support Services.
Process for Applicants
- Submit application for financial aid verification and review.
- Eligible students will interview with MSSS and enroll in the program for support services.
- Once approved, funds will be disbursed with 50 percent allotted during the fall/spring semesters.
Applications for eligible students are now available. For more information, contact: MulticulturalSvcs@roosevelt.edu
DocuSign Application Link: Black Student Equity Fund Scholarship Application
Building a Stronger University Communications Team