#RULakerLife

Roosevelt University's Student Life Blog

MikaylahAnderson

Meet Your RA: 30th Floor

Hey there my 30th Floor Fam Bam!

My name is Mikaylah Anderson and I will be your Resident Advisor for this 2020-2021 academic year. This will be my sophomore year at Roosevelt and I am majoring in psychology with a minor in sociology, as well as a concentration in child& family studies (what a mouthful, I know right). My current plans for the future consist of mental health counseling and possibly joining the social work field.

Mental health hygiene is something that is incredibly important to me and that I am learning more about on a daily basis. I mean we all are, right? Considering that we all are, I encourage you to use me as a support system. Feel free to give my door a knock for a venting session (with a complimentary couch seat and tea of course!), shoot me a text, or just let me know if there’s anything I could ever do to better help you. With that being said, expect a completely free-spirited, inclusive, and safe-space environment on our floor!

While I have been told that I am a great RA, I have surely learned a thing or two along the way that I will be incorporating into this new year. With our world’s guest, Covid-19, unexpectedly arriving, I have had nothing but pure excitement to start planning ahead. I have so many ideas to make the Bash a fun, safe, and nurturing environment. While I’m sure this academic year is nothing that we anticipated, I plan on making it the best I possibly can for all of you. Expect lots of laughs, adventures, and self-growth when you step foot on campus this year.

See yall soon!
RA Mikaylah Anderson

Mikaylah Anderson • July 13, 2020

Previous Post

Next Post