#RULakerLife

Roosevelt University's Student Life Blog

Khaliya Jackson

Meet Your RA: 25th Floor

Hello Everyone!  

My name is Khaliya Jackson, your RA for the 2020-2021 school year! I am a junior double major in Political Science and Sociology with a minor in Social Justice Studies. So it’s pretty obvious that I love working with people and establishing community. In my home city of Pittsburgh, I worked as a community organizer. I believe that having a community, people that know you and care for you is very important. 

This is my second year as an RA, so you are in good hands trust! But I will be forever learning every year (sometimes every day) from my residents about how to be a better RA but most importantly community members. Hate to keep up with the sappy spiel, but we are growing up in some truly DIFFERENT TIMES! Things are uncertain and will be different than what we are used too, but despite all that I want to help foster a community at Roosevelt in the Wabash building that you feel like can stand in solidarity with you. 

SOOOOOOO, I say all this to say feel free to talk to me anytime, we in Res Life are here cheering you on like soccer moms every moment!  

I look forward to meeting you all.  

RA Khaliya Jackson  

Khaliya Jackson • July 13, 2020

Previous Post

Next Post