Spring Course – Mapping for Sustainability
Spring 2020 Course
SUST 370 – Mapping for Sustainability
The Sustainability Studies program will offer an innovative course entitled “Mapping for Sustainability” this coming Spring 2020 semester at Roosevelt U. This hands-on course utilizes Geographic Information Science (GIS) software, which allows us to visualize data, ask questions, and conduct analysis so that we can better understand relationships and patterns in our world.
Students in the course will be exposed to the rapidly growing world of spatial analysis and cartography using the industry’s leading software tool, ArcGIS. Job growth for people with GIS skills is predicted to be higher than the national average. Sign up today! See our blog post here for more information about GIS.
Course Registration Information
- Title/number: SUST 370 Mapping for Sustainability (section 01)
- Instructor: Dr. Graham Pickren
- Location: Auditorium Building, Room 1019
- Day/time: Tuesday lecture 11-11:50am, Thursday lab 11am-1pm
- Start date: 21 Jan 2020
- Lab fee: $25
- Pre-req: Undergraduate level ENG 102 Minimum Grade of C-
Questions? Contact Prof. Graham Pickren at email@example.com