#RULakerLife

Roosevelt University's Student Life Blog

Diana Payne

Meet Your RA: 28th Floor

Welcome to Roosevelt University residents of the 2019-2020 school year! I am so happy to be your RA! To start off I’d like to give you a short bio about myself. My name is Diana Payne, I’m a senior (woohoo!) a Psychology major and this is my third year as an RA. My family and I are from Trinidad and Tobago, an island which rests in the Caribbean about 10 miles off the coast of Venezuela. I enjoy writing, taking pictures, the color blue, and traveling with my significant other. My favorite shows are Jane the Virgin, The Office, and The Good Doctor, but I love finding new things to watch! I’ve ridden horses since I was in the fourth grade, and still do from time to time. I am a signed model, and I am the youngest of two brothers and two sisters. I am a proud plant mom and tea lover. My birthday is on December 31st, New Year’s Eve!! That was a lot but there is still so much more to me so don’t be afraid to ask because I also want to get to know you all just as much as well.

As you may already know, Roosevelt University is smaller than most colleges, therefore my biggest advice for you is to take advantage of the situation. We are in the heart of Chicago! Use all of the resources available to you as a student in this wonderful campus. We have the Writing Center to help you with your writing classes and assignments, the Academic Success Center if you would like to have a personal tutor, and so much more. College is a time where you make connections that last a lifetime. If you’re new to the Chicago area, or just want to find something new to do, I’d be more than happy to help. In my time at Roosevelt I have found so many interesting things to do and have meet so many amazing people! I hope you are looking forward to this year as much as I am, if you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me- that’s what I am here for.

Diana Payne • July 15, 2019

Previous Post

Next Post