#RULakerLife

Roosevelt University's Student Life Blog

Kyle Bode

Meet Your RA: 24th Floor

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kyle and I’m going to be the RA for your floor! I’m going to be a Junior Acting Major as part of the CCPA Theatre Conservatory. I grew up in Orange County California and I have lived there my whole life. When I first moved to Chicago, I was a little scared and intimidated by the transition of moving from such a small suburban town in California to a bigger city like Chicago. While it took some time adjusting to this different environment, within just a couple of weeks, this city felt like my new home and I cannot wait for you all to have that same feeling.

A little about me: I’ve been acting since I was about 10 years old and I plan on pursuing it for the rest of my life. Some of my favorite theaters in Chicago are the Goodman Theatre Company, Steppenwolf Theatre Company, and The Gift Theatre (They all had amazing seasons last year, and give students 10$ tickets to all their shows, so if you like theatre go check them out!) I also really love photography. I’ve been shooting digital for about 7 years and film for 4 years. I’m not quite sure if I want to do photography professionally in the future, but as for right now, I enjoy doing it as a side-gig and as a hobby. My favorite musical artists are Frank Ocean, Tyler the Creator, Childish Gambino, Kendrick Lamar, Sufjan Stevens, and Kayne West. A few of my favorite tv shows are Barry, Atlanta, Bojack Horseman, Master of None, and Black Mirror.

If you ever have any questions about anything at all, feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to meeting you all and I can’t wait to be your RA for this upcoming academic year!

Have a great summer and see you in the Fall!

Kyle Bode • July 15, 2019

Previous Post

Next Post