Meet Your RA: 22nd Floor
Resident on the 22nd floor are encouraged to share any questions or concerns with the RAs on the 20th and 21st floors. RAs Kristy Sinwelski and Stephanie Covarrubias are more than eager to support and assist you.
The Office of Residence Life is in search of an amazing RMU student to join our RA team. Resident Advisors (RAs) are an essential part of the Residence Life team. They actively collaborate with Residence Life professional staff members and campus partners to achieve the mission of the department. RAs have the opportunity to create and maintain a strong community that positively influences students’ growth and development. RAs serve as a reliable resource for students and support students to achieve their educational and personal goals. They assist students by providing support, information about on campus resources, roommate mediation and conflict resolution. RAs support students in crisis and maintain community and facilities standards. Through programming and community development, RAs also offer opportunities for students to learn, engage with each other, develop interpersonal relationships and enjoy the college experience.
RAs serve as role models on their floors, in the halls and in the greater Wabash Building community. They receive extensive training in areas such as, interpersonal communication, organization and time management, group/programming facilitation, conflict resolution, crisis management and leadership development.
• Be a full time enrolled student for the 2019-2020 academic year.
• Be a Robert Morris degree seeking student prior to applying.
• Be in good academic standing (must have a 2.75 cumulative grade point average during time of application and during time of employment).
• Be in good conduct standing within the university and Residence Life.
• At least on semester of Residence hall/community living.
• Must commit to maintaining the RA role through the entire 2019-2020 academic year.
• Must be available for ALL dates during the 2019-2020 RA Summer Training in August of 2019.
• Furnished bedroom room.
• A stipend for the academic year.
• Dining stipend for the term of employment.
If you are interested in the RA position and would like more information on the selection process, please contact our Assistant Director for Residence Life, Michél McBride at email@example.com .
**Please note that the Office of Residence Life reserves the right to make reasonable amendments to this position description and terms of agreement. Any such amendments will be distributed in writing to the then-current staff. First year residents are not able to apply to this position for the 2019-2020 academic year, but are more than welcome to apply for the 2020-2021 academic year.**