FAQ

Please check back regularly as this page will be updated as new information becomes available. All of the material applies to current Roosevelt students, faculty, staff and alumni as well as the newly integrated Robert Morris students, faculty, staff and alumni.

1. What will you do with students who are living on campus?
    Students who have chosen to stay in on campus housing can continue to use their rooms as they always have. Certain restrictions have been put in place to support social distancing and to limit the risk of exposure. This includes: restricting use of the building common areas, limiting guest privileges to non-residents, and temporarily suspending student programming in the halls.
  2. Are they using student facilities (library, fitness center, cafeteria, etc)?
    The Dining Center remains open for student use. The fitness center is currently closed because of the elevated risk of exposure. The library spaces are closed, but online resources continue to be available 24/7.
  3. How are you monitoring them as it relates to their well-being?
    Any student who begins experiencing symptoms is reporting that information to the Dean of Students Office. Faculty and other staff are also required to share this information with the Dean of Students. Staff in the Dean of Students office are working with each student to ensure that if they become symptomatic the appropriate measures are being taken to ensure the student’s health and safety, and to protect the campus community.
  4. Did RAs come back to campus?
    RAs are not currently present on campus; however, there are professional staff members who also live in the residence halls, who remain ready to respond to any emergency situations that may arise.
  5. Will there be additional cleaning services on campus?
     The university has an available stock of cleaning supplies and will be implementing a revised cleaning schedule with increased frequency in commonly used areas.  
  6. Can I still use the Roosevelt University Counseling Center?
    The Roosevelt University Counseling Center (RUCC) wants to help maintain the safety of all staff and students. Therefore, until the university resumes all regular classroom activities, the RUCC will only be available to see students for counseling on a case-by-case basis. For those students that meet criteria to be seen, limited counseling center services will be conducted by phone and/or telehealth online services until further notice. We will not be seeing students for face-to-face sessions until regular classroom activities resume.

If you want to be seen by a counselor, call (312) 341-3548 or send an email to counseling@roosevelt.edu and provide us with the best way to contact you and what type of services you are seeking. We will get back to you to see if you meet criteria for being seen in a limited way via phone or telehealth online sessions. If you do not meet criteria, but you want to be seen by someone, we will provide you with appropriate referrals to therapists outside of Roosevelt University.

If you cannot get a hold of someone at the center, and you’re in an emergency situation, call 911 or the emergency room at Northwestern Memorial Hospital at 312-926-8100 or in the suburbs, call Alexian Brothers Hospital at 1-800-435-5005. 

1. Will my instructors be sending us instructions on how to take our classes online?
    Yes, you will receive information from each of your instructors about next steps for your class. If you do not receive information by Monday, March 23rd, please e-mail dos@roosevelt.edu.

2. I was a Robert Morris student, how does this announcement impact me?
    Your classes have also been suspended until March 23rd. At that point, your classes will also be offered online. The same restrictions that apply to traditional RU students, apply to you as a new RU student.

3. How will this impact my degree?
    Moving to an online learning format will have no impact on your degree completion.

4. Will we be rescheduling finals and the academic calendar?
    Your finals may be offered in a different format than how it was described in the syllabus. However, the academic calendar remains unchanged at this time. Should this change, you will receive notification from your faculty.

5. How long will my classes be online?
    All summer classes starting on or before 6/29, will be online.

6. Since all classes are on-line for the remainder of the semester, can I get a refund for my U-Ppass? CTA will not be issuing any refunds for currently active U-Passes. 
    U-Passes will remain active and can be used until the following dates:

• Robert Morris – Spring 1 Quarter – Saturday, May 2, 2020
    • Roosevelt – Spring Semester – Saturday, May 16, 2020  

Additional U-Pass updates will be posted as we receive them.

7. Who should I contact if my U-Pass isn’t working or if my U-Pass was lost/stolen?Please send an email to  registrar@roosevelt.edu

1. Will alumni events be canceled or postponed?
    Out of an abundance of care and caution, all alumni and donor events are postponed until further notice.
  1. Can I come to campus? The Wabash Building and the University Center remain open and accessible for all residential students. If you have not notified the office of residence life that you intend to remain in the halls, please do so immediately by emailing reslife@roosevelt.edu. The dining center in both buildings will remain open. The Schaumburg campus is closed to only essential personal.

2. If I’m on campus, can I use the library, cafeterias and other facilities?
    The Dining Center remains open for student use, as does the library. The fitness center is currently closed because of the elevated risk of exposure. 

3. I am not going to come back to my dorm room, will I be getting my room and board fees returned?
    As the residence halls and dining halls remain accessible to residents, no refunds are being issued at this time.

4. Do students need to fully check-out of their rooms?
    Students who are leaving the residence halls are not required to check out of their rooms. All of the belongings that are in your room can remain at this time. The residence halls remain open. Should this change, we will communicate check out instructions to all residential students. Should you decide to check out of your room, which includes completely cleaning your space, completing a room condition report, and returning your key, your residential access will be turned off, per normal policy. At that point, you will need to coordinate with the Office of Residence Life in order to return to the residence halls.

5. Will Roosevelt issue refunds if students check-out?
    As the residence halls and dining halls remain open for student use, we are not offering refunds at this time.

Fall 2020 Housing Rates

1. Will housing rates be the same for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021? No.  We have adjusted the housing policies and rates to be more flexible and safe in anticipation of students who are interested in utilizing campus housing.  Please visit this page for more details.

Move-Out Update and Summer Session

1. I live at University Center (UC), does this information regarding move-out apply to those students? The UC will contact those residents about the process and procedures around move-out.
  2. Do I need to notify Residence Life if I’m staying until June 7? Yes, please sign up for a move-out appointment via this link: https://calendly.com/rooseveltreslife. Limiting the number of people in the Wabash will ensure that social distancing guidelines can be practiced during student move-outs.
  3. What should I do if I run out of my meal plan money between now and June 7? You can add money to your meal plan account. Visit this webpage to add money to your account: https://ru.campuscardcenter.com/ch/login.html

You can also pay with cash or credit/debit card at the register at the dining hall.

1. Can I fully check out now, or must I wait until June 7? Yes, you can check out anytime between now and June 7.
  2. Is there a deadline to let Residence Life what my move-out date will be? When will I receive a communication about the check-out procedures? You will receive an email on April 24 from the Office of Residence Life. Residence Life will also send you a weekly reminder to plan your move-out.
  3. Is there an option to extend my move-out date beyond June 7? In some circumstances, yes. You can register for a separate summer housing contract if more time is needed and approved by Residence Life.

There are two summer contract sessions:

• Summer Housing 1: May 13–July 3 = 51 days (For current students in housing, your contract will begin on June 7)
  • Summer Housing 2: July 4–August 22 = 49 days

In addition, students who are currently on campus and are registered, or are planning to register, for a summer course may choose to remain in the dorms while they are taking their online summer course.

Students who choose to stay in their dorms will receive a 25% discount on the cost of housing and MUST be registered for a summer course. Please contact Residence Life at reslife@roosevelt.edu to extend your housing contract for the summer. To register for a summer course . 

1. What is the deadline to register for summer courses? There are several start dates for summer enrollment. To learn more about summer enrollment dates, please visit the important dates page.
  2. How long can I stay in the dorm if I decide to stay while taking summer school? Once you are signed up for a summer housing contract, you will be able to stay in housing until the end of your contract term. See FAQ #6 for contract dates.
  3. Can students living in the UC residence hall move into Wabash if they are taking summer school and want to stay on campus? Yes, a student at the UC, can move to the Wabash building and take advantage of the 25% discount on summer housing, if they are enrolled in a summer course.
  4. I am registered for summer school, but not living on campus. Can I sign up for a summer housing contract? To sign up for summer housing, contact reslife@roosevelt.edu.

Students who continue to live on campus will adhere to the same safety and health guidelines they have been following since the City and State mandates were issued. The health and well-being of the entire University community is and will remain our priority.

1. Since Roosevelt is allowing students to stay in the halls for summer school, does this mean the University is starting to open up the campus? At this point, we remain under the guidance of the governor’s stay-at-home order. The residence halls have remained open since mid-March for student use. This will continue for those students who choose to live in the halls while taking summer school.

The University will continue to communicate updates to all students, faculty and staff, especially as it relates to re-entry to campus and other contingency plans that will be put in place.

1. Will I be charged more money if I stay past the original move out date of May 12? You will not be charged anything extra if you decide to move out between May 12 and June 7.

Residence Life Credits

1. Why isn't the University giving full meal plan refunds and/or credits? The Wabash Building Residence and Dining Center remain open for students who decided to move back after spring break to use. Providing a 100% daily meal plan credit would not allow us to continue to operate the dining facility.

The COVID-19 situation was an unforeseeable event that no one could have anticipated. As a result, many industries, including higher education, are taking a significant financial hit. In order to weather this storm, we are providing the most relief to families possible that allows us to still function as a University.

2. Will my meal plan credit impact my financial aid? The meal plan credit will not impact the amount of institutional aid or federal and state grants you are eligible to receive. It will be included in determining the amount of need-based student loans, Federal Work Study as well as private education loans and Parent PLUS Loans. If you have specific questions regarding your financial assistance for 2020-2021, please schedule an appointment with Financial Aid Services via the RU mobile app. 

3. Will University Center student residences receive a meal plan credit in the future? The University Center Management Team is in negotiations with Chartwell, the contracted dining service vendor of the University Center.  We remain hopeful that Roosevelt will receive compensation for the unused portion of the meal plans and therefore pass those credits to the students living in the University Center.

Roosevelt will communicate the outcome of the negotiations when they are completed.

4. What will the University be using our money for then, since it isn't being used on food? To operate and maintain the dining service that remains open. We are also committed to paying all dining staff employees who are fulfilling their jobs and providing service even during this COVID-19 crisis.

5. Why am I not getting credit for the room fee? I'm not living in the dorm. Providing credit for the cost of housing is not financially feasible at this time. We are continually monitoring the situation and will consider adjustments as more information or resources become available.

6. Is there someone I can contact who manages the University Center to see about the contract? If you have any questions or concerns about the meal plan credit, you should direct those to the office of residence life at reslife@roosevelt.edu

7. Why is the University doing this? I heard many universities are providing full credits and refunds. Universities make decisions that are in the best interests of their respective institution, faculty, staff and students. We are unable to comment on how or why each institution makes its own individual decisions, but many universities decided to close their residence halls, leaving students no option but to vacate. Roosevelt made the choice to keep the residence halls open because we knew that not all students had the ability to return home.

Our credit decision is meant to provide relief to our students and their families, while also recognizing that the service we provide remains available.

8. What if I have less than $400 or $443 in my meal plan? Will I still receive a credit? Yes, the credit is up to $400 (Roosevelt) or $443 (Robert Morris). If you have less than that and meet the criteria listed above, whatever remains will be rolled over onto your fall student account. For example, if I have left the halls as of April 1, and I have $150 remaining on my account, then I will only receive a credit for $150.

9. I’m a former Robert Morris University student and have an All You Care To Eat Meal Plan. How does the credit work for me? If you have the left the Wabash Building as of April 1, you will receive a $443 credit. If you have not left the halls, you will receive up to $200 of what is remaining on your flex dollars account.

10. When will we see the credit applied to our account? It will happen automatically on May 31 and will be applied to the first bill in Fall 2020.

11. Can students opt for a cash refund instead? The credit will be applied to student accounts with the exception of students who are graduating and have a zero balance in their account. Those graduates will receive a cash refund.

12. I’m graduating in May and won’t have a bill. How will I get my credit? For students who are slated to graduate in May, their credit will be applied to their current spring bill. If they have a zero balance on their student account, they will be issued a refund.

13. How are the students currently living in the dorms practicing social distancing? What is the University doing to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19? To reduce the potential for COVID-19 spread in the halls, we have implemented a number of changes to the residential experience:

• All social lounges and common areas have been closed to limit students’ ability to gather.
    • Guests are not currently allowed to access campus or the residence halls.
    • The dining center has suspended its dining room operations and has eliminated all self-serve items.
    • Residents are not to gather in large groups in their residence hall spaces.
  14. Can I donate my meal plan credit? Yes, students will be able to allocate any portion of their leftover meal plan funds to the Student Emergency Assistance Fund. For more information on how to do this, fill out this form.

What do I need to do to obtain an “Incomplete”?

You will need to meet with your faculty member to determine if you are eligible to receive an incomplete. If so, your faculty, in writing, will give you an explanation of what work remains to be completed and will give you a deadline by which the work must be completed.

If I get an “Incomplete” this semester, does it go on my GPA?

No.  But you must compete the course with a passing grad by December 2020 or your Incomplete will automatically turn into an earned “F” in that course.

Can I choose to take my current course pass/no pass?

Yes, with your academic advisor’s approval. 

Please be sure to discuss this with your professor to ensure that pass/no pass is a good option for you; as well as your financial aid advisor to ensure that it will not impact your aid eligibility.

Once approved by the academic advisor, a student can choose pass/no pass until May 1, 2020.

Why are you not implementing a universal pass/no pass policy?

We are not implementing a universal pass/no pass policy due to it having unintended and adverse impact on many students. For example, such a decision could impair the chances of success for students applying to graduate and medical schools. A universal policy would also remove choices from many students who would like to receive grades. In addition, a universal pass/no pass policy could add Veterans Affairs, accreditation, state licensure and athletic compliance complications.

Where can I find the pass/no pass application?

Contact your academic advisor. If you don't know your academic advisor email advising@roosevelt.edu.

If I take a late withdrawal from a course, what will happen?

You will not receive credit for this course and it will have no impact on your GPA. However, it may impact your aid eligibility and time to completion for your degree. You should meet with your academic and financial aid advisors prior to selection this option.

Where can a student go for help if they are struggling academically and emotionally?

Roosevelt faculty and staff are here for all students, including counseling services, tutoring, advising, financial aid help and health and well-being.  Please do not hesitate to contact us at dos@roosevelt.edu.

The University knows how difficult this challenging time is, especially for students who are taking online courses, sometimes for the first time.  It is also having many emotionally, physically and psychological impacts on all of the Roosevelt community.  We are here for you.

Roosevelt is optimistically planning and preparing for a healthy and safe return to campus, including in-person instruction and residence life operations while considering the evolving public health guidelines, like social distancing and other contingencies that may need to be put in place.

It is our goal to continue Roosevelt’s dynamic learning environment while adhering to government and health guidelines for safe operations. 

Re-Entry Task Force Members:

Lois Becker
Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs

Michael Ford
Chief of Staff

Andrew Harris
Chief Financial Officer

Melissa Hogan
Dean, College of Pharmacy

Mike Kaluzny
Assistant Vice President, Marketing and Communications

Mablene Krueger
Chief Operating Officer for the Schaumburg Campus

Neeraj Kumar
Chief Information Officer

Jamar Orr
Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students

AnnaMae Pond
Student Trustee

Dariall Reed
Student Government Association Vice President

Leonardo Rojas
Student Government Association President

Toyia K. Stewart
Vice President of Human Resources

Academic Re-entry Committee

Lois Becker

Jane Curtis
Assistant Professor, College of Arts and Sciences

Monique Herard
Assistant Teaching Professor, Robert Morris Experiential College

Rifat Gorener
Associate Professor, Heller College of Business

Susan Lamparter
Assistant Vice President, Academic Technology Solutions

Bedrija Nicocevich
Assistant Professor, College of Pharmacy

Ellen O’Brien
Associate Professor, College of Arts and Sciences

Lisa Quesada
Adjunct Faculty, College of Education

Erica Poremba
Executive Director, Community Colleges and Academic Relations

Anna Maria Schuh

Maria Earman Stetter
Associate Professor, College of Education

Ganesh Vaidyanathan
Professor, Heller College of Business

Overall Financial Impact

• Are the positions being eliminated no longer required for university operations? In some cases, yes. As a general matter, the University will always analyze its operations and its workforce to determine whether it has the right number of employees to meet the needs of its students.
  • How much of the operational budget was decreased (along with personnel)? These actions impact both the personnel and operating budgets of the University.  It is expected that these efforts will reduce expenses by $3.5 to $5 million and represent, on average, approximately 10 percent of the controllable expenses at the University.
  • Is there a budget shortfall? We are projecting our planned deficit of $4.7 million by the end of the 2020 fiscal year and anticipate a balanced budget by the end of the 2021 fiscal year. The measures discussed above (g., terminations, pay reductions, furloughs) are intended to keep us in line with those goals.
  • How were impacted employees notified? Either the human resources department, the employee’s direct supervisor, or the employee’s vice president notified them of their termination or furlough.
  • Will there be another round of layoffs/furloughs in a few months? As a general matter, the University will always analyze its operations and its workforce to determine whether it has the right number of employees to meet the needs of its students.
  • Were faculty impacted? Full-time faculty have contracts and were, therefore, not affected.
  • How does this impact the integration of Robert Morris into Roosevelt? In making the termination and furlough decisions, the University is balancing its operational and financial needs, including those related to the integration. We did not make any decisions that would adversely affect the University’s operations.

Furloughs

• When will the furlough be effective? Furloughs will occur between June 1, 2020 and continue through August 31, 2020. 

• When will furloughed employees be notified of a return to work date? At the moment, we anticipate that the furloughs will end on or about August 31, 2020. Whether this date is extended or shortened depends on the financial and operational needs of the University.

• How will supervisors make decisions as to whether an employee is furloughed 2 or 4 days a month? Supervisors will make this decision based on the financial and operational needs of the University and of their unit.

• Can I appeal my allotment of furloughed days? There is no appeal process for the furloughed days. However, the University understands the financial and personal impact this will have on employees. Employees should work with their supervisor to discuss options for timing of furlough days. 

• Can I use vacation time, sick time, or compensatory time to receive pay on my furlough days? Furlough days must be unpaid because the university must have immediate savings from payroll costs.

• What do I do if my supervisor asks me to work on a furlough day? A furlough day means that you do not work at all and you will not be compensated at all. If a supervisor asks you to work on a furlough day, then that day is no longer a furlough day and you are entitled to be paid for that time. Please email hr@roosevelt.edu to inform them that you have worked, or if you have any questions or concerns about the furlough process at all.

• How do I schedule my furlough days? You will work with your direct supervisor to determine a schedule. Supervisors will offer flexibility based on operational and employee need. 

• I have urgent work to do. Can I work during my furlough time? No. Furlough time is unpaid time away from work. That means you are not to work or perform job duties during that time. In addition, you are not covered by workers’ compensation insurance while you are on furlough. 

• How will I record my furlough days? Record your furlough days will in RUAccess on your leave report, like you report time off. 

• How will furloughed days affect my FTE? Your employee status will not change during the furlough period, you will remain full time. 

• Do I need to record anything in my leave report if my work schedule is changed to four days a week (from June 1, 2020 through August 31, 2020)? No, your hours will be reduced as part of the furlough program. This will occur with no action needed by you. 

• Will I be eligible for unemployment? For information about unemployment visit this link.

Paid Time Off

• Will I lose vacation time due to the pay reduction? No. Your existing vacation leave accruals are not affected. In addition, you will continue to accrue vacation at your normal FTE. 

• Can I use vacation time, sick time, or compensatory time to receive pay on my furlough days? No. The financial emergency requires immediate savings from payroll costs. Furlough days must be unpaid. 

• Will I be prohibited from using vacation or sick time due to the furlough program? No. You can continue to request and be approved for vacation or sick time following normal departmental procedures. Your supervisor retains the right to approve or deny requests and balance vacation requests against departmental business needs. 

Benefits

• Will my benefits be affected? Your eligibility for benefits, such as health and dental insurance, will not be affected. There will also not be any impact to the accumulation of paid annual leave (clerical) and paid sick leave. Any benefits that are based on a percentage of pay may be affected for the period of furlough due to pay changes, such as:

• Voluntary life insurance
    • Long-term disability benefits and premiums
    • Retirement Contributions

• What benefits may I change, stop, or reduce to offset my reduced salary? 
    • Retirement contributions – you may make changes via the salary deferral agreement, before June 1, 2020 or before September 1, 2020 here.

• Transit/parking contribution – you may make adjustment any date prior to the 5th of each month. Please use the BRI portal to make those changes.

• If I am on approved Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) during the furlough program period, what is the impact? If you are on continuous unpaid FMLA there will be no impact. If you are on intermittent FMLA please contact Sophia Cole (scole17@roosevelt.edu) if you have questions. 

Non-exempt Employees

• Does the program include non-exempt/hourly employees? Yes. 

• Can I work extra hours the same week I take furlough hours to make up for lost pay? No. You may not work more than your scheduled FTE in the week in which furlough time is taken. For example, if you normally work 37.5 hours in a week, and take 7.5 hours of furlough time, then you cannot track more than 30 hours of compensable time in that work week. If you do work additional hours, then the furlough time will be reduced or removed so that the total reported hours for the week do not equal more than 37.5 hours. 

• If I take my furlough day in one week of the pay period, can I work overtime during the second week of the pay period? Employees should not be working overtime during the pay period to ensure cost savings. 

• How does an hourly employees calculate the value of one furlough days? Take your hourly rate and multiply it by your annual work hours to convert to an annual salary. Then, take the annual salary and divide it by the total number of work days in a year to determine the value of one furlough day.

Here is the equation:
    • Select one based on your regular work schedule: 
      • 40 hour week: Your Hourly Rate x 2,080 = Your Annual Pay
      • 37.5 hour week: Your Hourly Rate x 1,950 = Your Annual Pay
      • 35 hour week: Your Hourly Rate x 1,820 = Your Annual Pay
      • 30 hour week: Your Hourly Rate x 1,560 = Your Annual Pay
    • Divide the Annual pay amount you calculated above by 260 (total work days in a year):
      • Your Annual pay divided by 260 = Your pay for one day 

Please visit our Emergency Funding page to learn more about the CARES Act, Laker Grant and Stronger Tuition Grant. 

How will moving all classes on-line affect my immigration status? ​We have received guidance from the Department of Homeland Security that allows F1 students to continue their studies with on-line courses in the U.S. or your home country without jeopardizing your F1 student status. This means that you may count all online courses towards the full course of study requirements as long as you are making normal progress towards your degree. This accommodation will remain in place until in-person classes resume.​

If you choose to return to your home country during this time, please let the Office of International Programs know your plans.

My U.S. visa stamp in my passport has expired or will expire soon. What should I do?  As long as you are in the U.S. and maintaining your F1 student status, you may remain in the U.S. even if the visa stamp in your passport has expired. You only need the visa stamp to enter the U.S.  If your form I-20 is expiring soon and you are not completing your degree, please contact the Office of International Programs to discuss your options.

If you have left the U.S. and your visa has expired, you will need an updated I-20 to return to the U.S. in the fall semester. U.S. embassies and consulates have cancelled routine nonimmigrant visa appointments  in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.  They plan to resume visa services as soon as possible; however, dates are not yet known.  Please check the website of the embassy or consulate in your home country for its current operating status.

I need a new copy of my form I-20.  How do I receive this since offices are working remotely?  Recent guidance from U.S Immigration and Customs Enforcement temporarily allows Roosevelt to email you a hand-signed and scanned or electronically signed copy of your I-20 form. Please note that this applies to F-1 I-20s only. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement will not allow J-1 DS 2019s to be emailed.

If documents are needed, please email the Office of International Programs and we will work to issue the necessary documents and send them to you by email.  This includes requests for Extension, Change of Level, Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (OPT), Reduced Course Load, or a travel signature.

When we return to the office a printed copy of the form will be issued and either mailed to you or held in the office for you to pick up.

I’m graduating in May, can I still apply for OPT?

Yes, please visit the International Employment page for application information.  You need to submit the OPT request form electronically.  Your recommendation will be sent to you electronically and then you will need to submit the complete application to USCIS. 

Please note: you must be physically present in the U.S. in order to submit an application for OPT.

What if I decide to take a leave of absence in the fall semester? If you are in your home country, please report your plans for a leave to both the Office of International Programs and your academic department.  We will make the necessary updates to your SEVIS record to show that you are on an approved leave.  When you are ready to resume study, you should contact International Programs for updated immigration documents.

If you are currently in the U.S. as an F1 student, you are required to be a full-time student in the fall semester.  Your SEVIS record will not be active and you should plan to depart the U.S.  Please contact the Office of International Programs to discuss your options.

I have left the U.S. and am worried I will not be able to return for the fall semester.

We do not currently know how travel restrictions will affect students in the fall semester, but are watching the situation carefully.  If necessary, we will work with you for continued on-line options. With current permission from the USCIS, your SEVIS record will remain active even if you are not in the U.S. and are conducting your coursework remotely as long as you remain enrolled in classes.

When you return to the United States—if you have been absent for five month or longer—U.S. Customs and Border Protection may question why you were out of the U.S. for so long.   If you are in this situation, please reach out to Office of International Programs a few weeks before your planned travel.

Will I have access to my health insurance during the remote learning period? Students who are covered by Roosevelt’s insurance policy are covered until August 14, 2020.  For specific benefit questions, students should continue to contact the insurance company directly (via the phone number on their ID card or other plan materials).  Please visit the insurance home page for more details.  We also encourage you to log into your account to access member-only information, including how to any medical/behavioral health telemedicine service that is included in their plan.

If you waived the Roosevelt health insurance policy, please contact your insurance policy for more information.

I have been admitted to Roosevelt for the fall semester.  Will I be able to begin study? U.S. embassies and consulates have cancelled routine nonimmigrant visa appointments in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. They plan to resume visa services as soon as possible; however, dates are not yet known.  Please check the website of the embassy or consulate in your home country for its current operating status.

You can still apply for your immigration documents (I-20 or DS 2019) so that you will be ready to submit an application as soon as the consulates reopen for visa services.  If you have questions about required documents to receive your immigration documents, please e-mail your admission Counselor