COVID-19 Testing Program (Chicago Campus)
Roosevelt University has entered into an agreement with the Loop Medical Center, located at 1921 S Michigan Avenue, to provide COVID-19 testing beginning Monday, September 21.
For the first wave of COVID-19 testing, we are prioritizing our residential student population and select essential employees on the Chicago campus.
We will conduct up to 100 tests per week through this program, which will cover both randomized testing as well as testing of symptomatic individuals. On Thursday of each week, selected students and essential employees will be notified via email if they have been selected for testing the following week.
Residential students with any symptoms of COVID-19 should inform the University immediately so they can be tested through this program. You can notify the University that you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms in the following ways:
- Fill out the daily self-assessment app.
- Email the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com
- Call Campus Safety at 312-341-2020.
Roosevelt is covering all out-of-pocket costs associated with testing under this program after medical insurance has been applied. If the university has not directed that a test be conducted, Roosevelt will not reimburse for the cost of any COVID-19 testing. Nor will Roosevlt reimburse the costs for any COVID-19 testing accessed outside the program.
All students who are notified about testing are required to complete their testing by the deadline provided in their individual email notification. Failure to do so will be regarded as a violation of the COVID-19 Code of Conduct.
To fulfill the testing requirement, selected individuals will need to follow the below steps:
YOUR LOOP MEDICAL CENTER ACCOUNT
- Begin by going to loopmedicalcenter.com and clicking the “Book COVID-19 Testing” button.
- At the bottom of the page, click “Book COVID-19 Appointment.”
- You will be taken to a page to create an account and complete the steps. Please note you will need to select a gender in order to continue.
- When prompted to choose a provider, please select Dr. Elbaridi (this is the only option).
- When prompted to choose a location, please select COVID South Loop.
YOUR COVID-19 TEST APPOINTMENT
- Once you are logged into your account, go to the “I’d like to schedule a new appointment” section to find an appointment time.
- For the reason, select Lab option for both PCR nasal swab and/or antibody test.
- You must choose the lab work option in order for the appointment times to generate. Please pick an available appointment during the week you’ve been assigned.
- If you have had symptoms in the past seven days, you are not allowed inside the clinic. When you arrive for a curbside swab, please call (312) 414-1088.
- Once you arrive for your appointment, provide your Roosevelt University ID when checking in so they know you are testing according to our partnership agreement.
- TESTING COST will first be billed to insurance. Any remaining balance will be billed directly to Roosevelt University.
- Loop Medical Center, located at 1921 S Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605
- Accessible by the CTA #3 and #4 bus routes
YOUR COVID-19 TEST RESULTS
- Your results will be emailed to you and posted on the portal 3–5 days from 6 p.m. on the day of your appointment.
- If you test positive, you will also receive a phone call.
- If you have not received results after five days from 6 p.m. on the day you got tested, please give Loop Medical Center a call.
- Once you receive your results, please email a pdf or picture of them to firstname.lastname@example.org so your results can be added to your housing record.
- If you do not submit your results by Friday of the week following your appointment, any balance due to Loop Medical Center will be added to your student account balance and will be regarded as a violation of the COVID-19 Code of Conduct
Finally, if you need any help navigating the requirements of this testing process, please reach out. We are ready to assist you. Email Meagan Jarmuz, email@example.com, Director of Student Affairs, Special Initiatives and Programs, with any questions about test scheduling and reimbursement questions. For any general questions about this testing program, don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need immediate assistance due to concerns you have about your health, please contact 911 right away.
Additional Testing Locations
Students, faculty and staff can access free drive-up testing at any time at the Department of Public Health sites. Any person who gets their own test is encouraged to share negative results and MUST share positive results. For students, positive results should be shared by emailing email@example.com. Employees with positive test results should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Chicago Area Testing Sites:
Clear Wellness Group
1605 South Michigan Avenue, Unit 1
Chicago, IL 60616
Schaumburg Area Testing Sites:
CVS-Schaumburg, Golf Road
1801 West Golf Road
Schaumburg, IL 60194
IDPH Arlington Heights Drive-Through
2200 West Euclid Avenue
Arlington Heights, IL 60005