Week of June 1 COVID-19 Recap
Thank you to everyone for your patience as we work diligently to prepare for the future. Earlier this week, President Malekzadeh released the introductory details of the Fall 2020 Return to Campus Plan.
The following are a number of changes you can anticipate when we return to our campuses:
- Masks will be required on campus and provided to every employee and student.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be increased throughout campus.
- Additional disinfecting supplies will be available throughout campus, including for offices and classrooms.
- Increased daily disinfecting schedules of our facilities will be implemented.
- Guidance protocols for social distancing, elevator limits, safe passing in the hallways, wearing face masks and others will be posted.
- Course schedules will be adjusted to support flexibility of in-person and remote options to manage on-campus activity.
- Class sizes will be limited to fewer than 50 students in accordance with state guidelines.
Additional detail regarding the return to campus and fall 2020 will be provided in the weeks to come. In the meantime, continue to check the COVID-19 website for regular updates and answers to your FAQs. To read President Malekzadeh’s full letter to the community, visit here.
On Campus Housing & Room Selection
Hilda Rojas-Duarte, assistant dean for student life and housing, shared the changes that Roosevelt University is implementing to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed in the residence halls. The web tutorial also covered changes to the housing agreement that give students flexibility when planning for next year, along with tips and tricks to be the most prepared to select a room on room selection day. To view this webinar, click here.
Stay in Touch. Update Your Contact Info.
We want to make sure you are receiving important updates from Roosevelt. If you haven’t already done so, please make sure your contact information is up to date by submitting this form.
Share Some Good News
Whether it’s a message to your classmates or coworkers, a new recipe you learned, or something inspiring at home or in your community, we want to hear how you’re staying safe, healthy and happy.
Roosevelt COVID-19 Response Team