Roosevelt University is committed to your safety, comfort and providing opportunities for you to learn and grow.
As the University, including the Office of Residence Life, prepares for the future, planning for the months and year to come, our residents’ well-being is at the forefront of our decision-making. Given the unexpected evolution of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the health impacts this virus has had on the city of Chicago and the world, Residence Life has decided to make changes to our housing options in order to better serve Roosevelt University students.
The University is providing more flexibility during this uncertain time, particularly for those who are planning to live on campus, knowing that there is a possibility that some classes will be offered in a remote learning format.
The NEW fall academic year (2020-21) campus housing requirements and options
- Roosevelt University students are not required to live in on-campus housing. Therefore, students are not required to submit the form to request exemptions.
- The housing contract cancellation policy will be amended to allow students more time to make a decision about living on campus. Students will have until the day they are scheduled to move in to cancel the contract without penalty or charge.
- Students who live on campus in the fall have the option to not return in the spring but must give Residence Life notice prior to the start of the spring semester. Students must inform Residence Life of their intention to not return for spring no later than January 11, 2021.
Wabash Building room offerings:
- Single bedroom: occupied by one student ($9,975)
- Shared bedroom: occupied by more than one student, but no more than three (Price reduced to $8,000)
Please note: Room offerings at the University Center of Chicago will remain the same.
There will be new policies and guidelines put in place to keep students, faculty and staff safe and healthy while on campus, including social distancing. These will be communicated to everyone prior to the fall. We understand that you may want to reflect on all of these changes and to consult with your family on how best to move forward. To allow you more time to make a decision, we have pushed room selection for returning students from May 5 to May 26. New student room selection is June 4, 2020.
We encourage you to visit the Roosevelt University website as well as the housing portal if you need more information. We have updated these sites to reflect all of these changes.
Thank you very much for your understanding and commitment to your academics. Continue to be safe and healthy this summer — we look forward to your return.
Jamar Orr, JD
Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students