President Ali’s Message to Parents and Families

Our Way Forward

Dear Parents and Families of Roosevelt Students,

I am writing on behalf of all of us at Roosevelt University to let you know that we are thinking of you during this difficult, tumultuous time. Seventy-five years ago, Roosevelt University was founded on the belief that every student deserves equal access to higher education. Today our mission is of the utmost importance as we care for our students and the larger community. Please know we are doing everything we can to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff.

We have had to make some very difficult decisions over the past weeks, but our top priority is to continue the delivery of education to our students so there is little disruption to their degree plan. Our faculty and staff have been working tirelessly to achieve this, knowing the heightened anxiety of everyone around us. I know how hard this is on our students, especially those seniors who are expected to graduate this year. Many campus events and celebrations have either been postponed or canceled, and all athletic competitions have been put on hold. I can’t express enough how much I appreciate everyone’s endurance and spirit during these times. It is hard to anticipate exactly what is going to happen in the future, but I do know we will come out stronger as a University and community, because that is who we are.

We are communicating daily with our students, faculty and staff as we adjust and respond to this outbreak. You can check the Roosevelt COVID-19 website, which is a repository of all the news, University updates, resources and FAQ. We will continue to plan for contingencies as needed and provide as much support and resources to our students as they need.

If you have any questions, please email our coronavirus task force or visit our COVID-19 website. You are also welcome to contact me personally with any concerns.

Take care, and I wish you and your families the best of health and comfort during this uncharted time. I am looking forward to being with our students again on campus in the near future. I am very proud of all our Roosevelt students, faculty and staff for their continued commitment and dedication to their work and service.

With warm regards,

Ali R. Malekzadeh, Ph.D.
President