Apply for a Mathematics Educator Scholarship
The Illinois Council of Teachers of Mathematics presents its annual Scholarships in Mathematics Education in October of each year. ICTM has been awarding Scholarships to students since 1989. There will be a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 awards granted of $1,500 to help defray educational expenses of the recipients.
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be enrolled as a junior or senior in an accredited university or college in Illinois during Spring 2020 with a graduation during May 2020 or later.
- Be working on his/her first bachelor’s degree with an intent to teach in Illinois upon
- Be a mathematics education major, a mathematics major with an education minor, or an education major with an official mathematics emphasis.
- Have a total over all GPA of at least 3.00 from all colleges attended (based on 4.00).
- Submit hard or digital copies for the application.
Complete details can be found at ICTM Scholarships
You may download and complete the 2019-2020 fillable PDF version of the application here. If preferred, here is a word document version. Directions for where to mail the completed application packet are included in the application. You can also see the evaluation rubric here. Completed applications need to be e-mailed or postmarked by May 9, 2020. Winners will be contacted in June 2020.