- 5,352 total students
- 3,239 undergraduate
- 2,113 graduate
- 11:1 Student/faculty ratio
- 2nd most diverse college in Illinois (Niche College Rankings 2015)
- 45% first-generation students, adding unique culture and experiences to our student body
- 45% students of color
- Approximately 400 international students from 73 countries
- 4th most ethnically diverse college in the Midwest (U.S. News & World Report 2015)
- 52 student organizations
- 46 graduate degree programs
- 10th highest-rated PsyD program in the U.S. (Best Counseling Degrees 2016).
- Study abroad programs in 10 different countries
Building and Location Info.
With panoramic city views, the Wabash Building is home to classrooms, dining and fitness facilities, and student organization spaces – all with downtown Chicago right outside your door.
- 2 Libraries: Murray-Green Library and the Performance Arts Library
- 2 Campuses: Roosevelt University’s downtown Chicago Campus anchors Chicago’s “South Loop Educational Corridor.” The Schaumburg Campus is the largest, most comprehensive university facility in Chicago’s thriving northwest suburbs.
- 14th most environmentally-friendly university building in the world (bestmastersdegrees.com 2015)
- 2nd tallest university building in the United States (Collegefinder 2014)
- 2nd best college location in Illinois (Niche College Rankings 2016)
- Our student residences occupy the top 17 floors of the Wabash Building, giving you unparalleled panoramic views of the Chicago skyline and lakefront. Multiple room types are available.
- Located on the 2nd floor of the Wabash Building, the McCormick Dining Center boasts an eclectic mix of culinary options, conveniently located in the same building as the dorms and classrooms.
- A National Historic Landmark, the 125-year-old Auditorium Theater of Roosevelt University is internationally acclaimed as one of the world’s most elegantly beautiful performance spaces. The crowning achievement of famed architects Dankmar Adler and Louis Sullivan, the theater is home to The Joffrey Ballet and hosts a variety of events, from Broadway tours to rock concerns.
Safety, Emotional, and Physical Wellness Info.
The Roosevelt University Campus Safety Department is an unarmed, proprietary security force of 29 uniformed officers, 1 assistant director and a director of campus safety. Campus Safety administration works closely with the Chicago Police Department and the Schaumburg Police Department to develop and promote good working relationships.
- A uniformed Campus Safety Department available 24 hours a day/seven days a week.
- Secured and monitored entry into our Chicago Campus academic, administrative and residential facilities.
- State-of-the-art security cameras.
- Orientation sessions for new and transfer students regarding “Street Smarts.”
- A Behavioral Assessment Team to review and make recommendations regarding reported persons of concern.
The Counseling Center is here to help students manage their emotional well-being when the stress and demands of school impact their path towards success. The Counseling Center staff provides a variety of services, free of charge, to help students understand themselves and the obstacles they face, achieve satisfying relationships, improve their academic performance, and make effective career and life choices.
- Individual, couples, and group counseling
- Consultation and referral
- Wellness and prevention programming
Health Insurance options are available to Roosevelt’s students, whether this be a required plan provided by United Health Care or a voluntary plan available through the Affordable Care Act.
We take pride in the club sport, intramural and recreational activities we offer to our students, faculty, and staff. Whether you prefer a group fitness class or hitting the gym solo, Roosevelt has an outlet for you. Our state-of-the-art athletic and wellness facilities include: