Steps To Do An Internship In Economics or Social Justice at Roosevelt University
An Economics or Social Justice Internship requires working in an appropriate and relevant supervised job two days a week for 15 weeks or its equivalent (approximately 225 hours) for an organization, business, or government agency.
1. In Blackboard, under the RU Courses tab, enroll in the RU Community Organization: ESJ which is Economics and Social Justice Internship Program. See below how to enroll-subscribe to ESJ.
2. Fill out the Expression of Interest for Economics or Social Justice Internship form.
3. Internships can be done any semester during the calendar year but you will have to register for it by taking Economics 360/460 or SOCJ 360 during the Spring semester.
4. Internships available will be continually posted in Blackboard.
In the Blackboard RU Community Course: ESJ, Economics and Social Justice Internship Program, Internship Opportunities are listed in the “Information” menu item; Contracts are listed in the “Documents” menu item. *
Students may also propose an Internship place not in the Blackboard list.
Students are responsible for contacting the Internship place after consultation with the RU Economics Department Internship Director, Professor Steve Balkin. Email: email@example.com
How to enroll-subscribe to ESJ in Blackboard
To “enroll” (just means subscribe) to view the documents and information for the Economics and Social Justice Internship Program.
1. In Blackboard, click on the “RU Courses” tab at the top of the page.
2. Using the Course Search Box just onthe left , enter: “esj“ and press “GO!”.
3 . At the very bottom of the page, it will say “RUCOM_INTERNESJ: ESJ INTERNSHIP- Economics and Social Justice Internship Program”. A little button on the far right will say. “enroll”. Click on “enroll”.
4. Then you will be taken to a new page where you will click “submit“.
5. Then go back to the main RU Courses tab to see if “RUCOM_INTERNESJ: ESJ INTERNSHIP- Economics and Social Justice Internship Program” is there.
6. I use only two menus on the left.
a. Expression of Interest Form for Economics or Social Justice Internship
b. Internship Contract between Student Intern and RU Director of the Economics/Social Justice Internship Program
c, Agreement to Supervise the Intern Student
a. Internship Opportunities – Econ Undergrads and Social Justice students
b. Internship Opportunities for Economics Graduate Students
If you are having trouble accessing any of the information, you may contact me. Please always include your cell phone number or work phone number (or both) is all emails you send me.
Professor Steve Balkin, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 312-341-3696